The Saidham Hospital Cancer Treatment Team’s unique initiative works on very different lines from other cancer initiatives.
Firstly, the team works in Rural India where even basic medical facilities are not easily available. In areas where people are happy to even see a doctor, let alone find treatment from one, the team uses its tools of dedicated awareness programs and cancer-detection camps for early identification of cancer cases.
The Saidham team doesn’t wait for patients to walk through its doors but instead, adopts a multi-pronged approach towards the eradication of cancer.
Moreover, it offers financial assistance through its fundraising activities too, ensuring patients who are already struggling with their disease they do not have to worry about the financial aspect of their treatment.
The Five-Step Program:
- Awareness: Conducting Educational Programs on Cancer
- Detection: Holding Medical Camps for Cancer-Detection
- Fundraising: Raising Funds for those Afflicted with Cancer
- Treatment: Treating Patients with Surgery, Chemotherapy etc.
- Rehabilitation: Reintegrating Recovered Patients into their Community